September marks the beginning of fall and thankfully in South Texas the end of the August heat. During this month, it's a good idea to start preparing your home for the cooler days which lie ahead.
Some of the items you should consider working on include:
- Applying another layer of mulch to help keep moisture in the ground around your plants.
- Trim back any overgrowth on plants so they can weather the cold ahead.
- Walk the exterior of your home and inspect the sides and eaves for any damage.
- Inspect your fireplace and make sure it is clean and ready to go.
- Go in your attic and see if there are any potential leaks.
- Inspect your insulation and see if any spots are displaying issues.
- If you have gutters or valleys in your roof, make sure they are clean and free of leaves and debris.
- Check the seals around your windows and doors to make sure the air isn't leaking out.
We understand that a lot of home projects can be DIY, but we are always here to lend a hand.
If you would like us to help you, check our services here.